Are you planning a trip to Glasgow and you do not know how to make the most of it? A motorhome hire service is the perfect solution for you! It will give you more mobility, while also helping you reduce the cost of your vacation, because you will not have to buy expensive plane tickets or rent costly hotel rooms.
Besides, if you hire a campervan, you will have enough room to take some friends and relatives along with you. Just opt for campervan hire Glasgow services and your vacation will suddenly become a more affordable and more attractive tourist destination.
Best Things to See and Do in Glasgow
- If you are an art and history lover, Glasgow will seem like heaven to you. There are plenty of museums, art centres and art galleries that you can visit in the city, such as: The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Gallery of Modern Art or the Riverside Museum.
- If you like old architecture and monuments, Glasgow will definitely make you feel like home. The Glasgow Cathedral, Saint Andrew’s Cathedral, the People’s Palace, the Argylll Arcade, the City Chambers and the Glasgow Necropolis are some of the architectural wonders of the city, waiting to open their doors for you.
- If neither art nor architecture is your cup of tea, but you are rather into science, the city has a treat for you too: the Glasgow Science Centre is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Scotland, with dynamic and fascinating exhibitions attracting hundreds of visitors every day. Besides, it has a very well equipped planetarium that will definitely get your kids’ attention if you are travelling with family. If you hire a campervan, moving around the city from one point of interest to another will not be a problem. Thanks to your campervan hire Glasgow will be easy to explore, even when you travel with your family.
- If you want to relax in a fantasy atmosphere, after a busy day shopping or exploring the city, you must visit the Willow Tea Rooms. Here, you can enjoy a nice cup of tea, with fancy cakes and delicious sandwiches, served in expensive china dishes.
- Finally, if you want to spoil your loved ones with a luxury dinner in a high-class restaurant, you can take them to the Corinthian Club. Here, you can all enjoy elegant dishes and exotic cocktails, prepared by some of the best chefs in the world. You should probably save this treat for your last night in Glasgow - to say goodbye to the city and to your vacation the proper way. The club also has a famous bar and a casino that you can try after dinner. This way, your little farewell party will definitely be remembered for a long time.
Since you lowered the cost of your trip when you opted for a campervan instead of the traditional plane tickets and hotel rooms, you should be able to afford some luxury before you leave. With our campervan hire Glasgow services, you will be able to discover some of the most extravagant treats the Scottish city has to offer.
The Best Campsites in Glasgow
If you want your trip to Glasgow to be perfect, you must find a suitable campsite for your motorhome. The city has quite a diverse offer that you can choose from:
- The Cashel camping Site - Located in a secluded area on the shore of Loch Lomond, this place is perfect for people looking for some peace and quiet and eager to spend time outdoors. If you stay here, you can take long hikes in the nearby Queen Elizabeth Forest Park or, you can take a boat ride on the lake and explore its many small islands. The site is also well connected to the city centre. Thus, a campervan hire Glasgow vacation can reveal to you both the city rush and its quieter areas.
- Strathclyde Country Park Caravan Club Site - Located on a green area, with plenty of woodland, wildlife refuges and hiking or cycling routes, this site is the perfect spot for a family vacation. It has modern facilities that will make your stay more comfortable, such as bathrooms, Wi-Fi, playgrounds for kids and even a water sports centre. Thus, both the adults and the children in your family will be able to find enjoyable activities during your trip. Besides, the site is close to Glasgow city centre and only one-hour drive away from Edinburgh. If you stay here, it will be easy for you to explore the entire southern part of Scotland during your trip.
- Bankell Farm Campsite – It is a nice friendly site situated 30 minutes away from Glasgow city centre. With well-maintained facilities and a nice rural scenery, this place is perfect for a group trip or a family vacation. Here, you can experience both the city and the rural life of Scotland: you can enjoy the modern city life during the day and retreat to a quiet and peaceful place in the evening.
The Best Vehicle for Your Trip
Are you all excited about your trip to Glasgow and already thinking what to pack? Then, you should also think about the most suitable vehicle for your journey. At Campanda, we can provide you with a very diverse offer to choose from.
We have various types of campervans for hire that can satisfy every need. Whether you are looking for something practical and affordable or for something larger and capable of offering luxury conditions, one of our 25,000 vehicles will definitely meet your requirements!
We also have over 816 pick-up places in 32 different countries. No matter where you choose to start your journey, you will find a convenient pick-up place to get your campervan from. All you have to do is call us or send us an e-mail with your needs and preferences, and our staff will do everything to make your trip perfect. With our campervan hire Glasgow services, you are creating the premises for a perfect vacation with your loved ones!