London is seen by many tourists as the perfect destination for a short city-break. It has good flight connections, reliable public transport and an abundance of museums, theatres, castles and other monuments for visitors to see. Besides, its lively nightlife and its wide cultural diversity can offer a rich urban-style experience to anyone ready and willing to immerse themselves in the city life.
However, few people know that London is also suitable for a different type of tourism. One that is less urban-oriented and less expensive. Campervan hire London vacations are amazing as well, and those who have tried them can confirm.
The city has plenty of campsites and, if you hire a campervan instead of booking flights and hotel rooms, your trip will cost a lot less. More than that, with the right motorhome hire service, you will have plenty of room to take your entire family with you on vacation. Thus, you get to spend quality time with your loved ones at the most affordable prices.
If you are wondering how to find the most suitable campsite for your trip, here are the most famous spots available around the city:
- The Lee Valley Camping and Caravan Park - Located near River Lee Country Park, this site offers both excellent opportunities for outdoor activities and great facilities: toilets, showers, electric plugs, Wi-Fi, and even a recreational area. This way, with the right campervan hire London offer, you can have your camping vacation outdoors and enjoy all the comfort of modern life at the same time.
- Abbey Wood Caravan Club Site – It is a rather green and quiet site, located only a short train-ride away from the city centre. Thus, if you hire a campervan and decide to spend some of your vacation here, you will be able to experience both the rural and the city life.
- Chertsey campsite - Placed on the bank of the Thames River, this site offers a great view to its visitors. It also has very good train connections to the city centre and to all the other parts of London holding tourist attractions. With a campervan hire London will be within your reach without having to spend long hours in traffic. You can leave your motorhome at the camping site and visit the city by train or bus.
- Theobalds Park Camping and Caravanning Club
Discover the Magic of London in a Comfy Campervan
Now that you have figured out where to stay, it might be a good idea to plan some fun time as well. So, here are some of the best tourist attractions you can visit in London:
- The first place that any tourist should see is, of course, the Buckingham Palace. The residence of Queen Elisabeth II has been a very popular attraction among tourists for a long time. Of course, visitors cannot actually enter the Palace and kiss the Queen’s hand (although many would probably like to). What they can do, however, is visit de outside premises of the castle and watch the famous guard-change.
- If you like arts and history, London has a lot of treats for you. The British Museum, the National Gallery, the Natural History Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Science Museum are all waiting to open their doors for you. If you are living in a campsite close to the city centre, you can leave your motorhome there and conveniently visit the entire city by public transport. A campervan hire London service will provide you with all the freedom and mobility that you need for sight-seeing and other activities.
- Another great tourist attraction in the British capital is the Tower of London. With over 900 years of history, the tower is one of the most famous buildings in the world. A former royal castle, prison and place of execution, it attracts millions of visitors every year.
- If you want to see the great city landscape from above, and you have no problems with heights, the London Eye is just what you need. With 32 capsules capable of holding 25 people each, the eye can offer you a breathtaking experience and the opportunity to see the city from a vintage point.
- And, of course, no tourist should leave London without visiting Madame Tussauds. Here, you can see hundreds of wax statues impersonating some of the most famous people on Earth: Hollywood and music stars, well known politicians and even royal figures. Prince William and his wife Katherine, Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney and the Obama family are just some of the celebrities that you can admire here… in wax.
Enjoy the Most Convenient Prices and the Easiest Ways to Hire Campervans with Campanda
Now, that you are so excited about what London has to offer, all you have to do is find the best campervans for hire and start your journey. At Campanda, you will definitely find what you need!
We have 25,000 vehicles of various sizes, to meet all expectations. You can choose a class A, a class B or a class C motorhome, depending on your budget, on how large your family is and on how much storage space you need for the trip.
Besides, we have over 815 pick-up places in 32 different countries, so you can conveniently select the spot that is closest to you, thus making the start of your vacation easier. Since diversity is our motto, we also have a wide range of prices.
We pride ourselves in being able to come up with offers for every kind of budget. Just send us an email with your needs and preferences and our staff will do everything to fulfil them. With our campervan hire London offers, nothing will prevent you from enjoying the vacation of your dreams!